Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Object Drawings

The classes are continuing with their wonderful still life drawings. Much to my surprise, there are only a few students that are not happy with just having the drawing center open. I promised them the collage center will open next week and the following week it will be the paint center. Today I showed the classes the plastic texture sheets that can be used as an added element to their drawings. These sheets are always found in the drawing center but it seems that I need to remind the students about them. I have a few godzilla and dinosaurs figures and the texture sheets really make the drawings stand out. Here are some drawings from the past couple of days. I really like how Sarah drew this cat using the ceramic kitty I picked up on a trip to Cozumel. As I was cleaning my art room after school I dropped the cat and it shattered! No more breakables for me!

No comments: