Sunday, February 20, 2005

More cool things people have said.

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep."~ Scott Adams (the guy who does the Dilbert comics)
I am going to copy this quote and put them in all of my centers. So many students want to start over when they make a mistake. Mistakes can be good. I had one boy trying to do an "advanced" stick weaving using 3 sticks instead of the usual 2 and he said he just couldn't do it . He looked at his weaving and realized it looked like a turtle so he made it into a turtle and added eyes. I'll post a picture of it soon.

"Art is idea. It is not enough to draw, paint and sculpt. An artist should be able to think."~Gordon Woods
YES!
Since I have switched to choice teaching, the students have stopped asking me, "What do I do now? What should I draw?" They know what to do if they are creating their idea.

No comments: